PurePath™ Wireless Audio
The complete wireless digital audio streaming solution from TI.
TI's family of PurePath™ Wireless audio products features
2.4 GHz audio ICs that transmit uncompressed CD-quality wireless audio over a rock solid RF (radio frequency) link, with error-free, lossless transmission. The solutions target consumer, portable and high-end audio applications, such as wireless headphones, headsets and speakers.
CC85xx key benefits:
- Uncompressed CD-quality wireless audio
- Rock solid 16-bit 44.1/48kHz RF link
- Multichannel and multipoint capabilities: streaming of up to four simultaneous channels
- USB support
- Best-in-class coexistence with Bluetooth®, WLAN and other 2.4 GHz devices
- Easy-to-use designer's PC software tool
- Works out of the box with selected TI audio devices
The CC8520 (two-channel) and CC8530 (four-channel) system-on-chips (SoC) are complete integrated solutions with RF protocol, microcontroller, audio codec setup support, application designs and free PurePath Configurator PC software tool. Additionally, the CC8521 and CC8531 SoCs contain USB audio support for all major operating systems.
TI's PurePath Wireless headset reference design is the market's most cost-effective design for high quality headsets and headphones. The design has a low electronic bill-of-material cost and achieves a 22-hour life on a 465 mAh battery – a 100 percent increase as compared to currently available headsets.
The PurePath Wireless CC8521 and CC8531 USB dongle reference design allow developers to design low-cost, small USB dongles for wireless audio applications, without code development or in-depth understanding of USB protocols.
|Number of audio channels||4||2|
|Audio quality||44.1/48kHz, 16 bits, uncompressed|
|Audio latency||configurable, <20ms|
|Link range CC85xx||30m+ line-of-sight / 10m+ indoors*|
|Link range CC85xx+CC2590 range extender||130m+ line-of-sight / 20m+ indoors*|
|Link robustness||Adaptive frequency hopping and adaptive listen-before-talk in 2.4GHz band ensures excellent coexistence with 802.11b, g, n and other interference sources**|
|Bill of material||Can run autonomously or with external MCU|
|Development environment||Free PurePath Wireless Configurator PC tool|
*See application note AN089 Real World Range Testing Using CC85xx
** See CC85XX Family User Guide
- Download Datasheet
- CC85XX Family User's Guide
(swru250.pdf 1.2 MB)
- NEW - PurePath™ Wireless Audio Solution Brochure
(swab002.pdf 385 KB)
- Audio Guide
(slyy013.pdf, 4.15 MB)
- Wireless Connectivity Guide
(slab056.pdf 5.12 MB)
- Cut the cords loose, turn up the volume: TI introduces PurePath™ Wireless audio products with USB support
- TI sets new tune for wireless digital audio streaming, unveils industry's first complete wireless headset reference design
- TI delivers CD-quality wireless audio with new PurePath™ Wireless family