Digital Active Noise Cancellation Solutions
Traditional active noise cancellation (ANC) solutions use analog filters which can offer a relatively simple and inexpensive design and good attenuation at higher frequencies. However, they can be difficult to tune and create consistent performance from headphone to headphone. Additionally, analog designs are not scalable for new features, requiring hardware changes for every model released.
Traditional digital solutions suffer from group delays of audio ADCs and DACs, making them unsuitable for ANC. However, Texas Instruments’ miniDSP codecs have access to audio data at higher oversampled rates allowing for very low group delays and making them a great choice for scalable and differentiated ANC solutions. Better yet, Texas Instruments can provide the complete hardware and software solution. Below are some of the advantages of the TI solution
- Consistent performance
- Easy to tune with provided control software within PurePath™ Studio
- Can be easily integrated with other features such as EQ, audio effects, third party branded algorithms, etc.
- Easy to scale to add new features or silicon (Bluetooth®, USB charging, etc.)
- Programmable music reinjection (bass protect) prevents losing bass response
- Low power consumption
Plug-and-play adaptive beamforming noise reduction microphone subsystems feature phase / sensitivity matched mics and programmable beamforming circuits that automatically reduce environmental noise for natural voice.
- Up to 20 dB noise reduction
- Programmable null
- Very low power consumption
- Appears like a 2-wire or 3-wire mic to system
- Natural voice
- Wind noise alert and protection
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) enhances user experience by canceling ambient environmental noise. Products built on feedback architecture, feed-forward architecture, and hybrid architecture for optimum performance.
- Corrects for headphone variation
- Clearest voice and audio
- Low power consumption
- Low latency
- No custom software development
- Simplified design and manufacturing
Audio Noise Suppression Resources
- Use microphone arrays for background acoustic noise suppression in portables (Read Article 1 / Read Article 2)
Digital Active Noise Cancellation Parametric Table
|TLV320AIC3254||Active Noise Cancelling||Yes||Yes||Feedback, feed-forward, hybrid||Stereo|