Wireless power integration made easy with TI’s bqTESLA evaluation modules
We’ll help you cross the design finish line in record time
TI offers a wide range of evaluation modules both on the transmitter and receiver side to help reduce the design cycle of wireless power solutions.
Whether implementing wireless charging within an existing design, or adding it to a new one, we’ve got the tools, support and expertise to help you – cut the cord!
Make your own kit by selecting a transmitter and receiver module.
Evaluation Modules for Transmitter Solutions
The bq500410AEVM-085 evaluation module (EVM) provides all major functions for evaluation of the bq500410A IC in a fully functional WPC A6 type wireless transmitter. bq500410A supports up to three co-located coils for increased free positioning area. Any Qi-compliant receiver or bq51013AEVM-764, -765 receivers EVM can be used for evaluation. The bq500410AEVM-085 is a 12V input design with optional on-board boost converter for 5V operation.
- WPC-certified transmitter
- Transmitter mounting pad to provide correct receiver interface
- Receiver output up to 5 W
- Standard A6-type transmitter coil
- Option to configure an external buzzer
The bq500211EVM-045 evaluation module (EVM) is a high-performance, easy-to-use development tool for the design of wireless power solutions operating from an input voltage of 5V. The EVM is a bqTESLA single-channel transmitter that will power the bq51013EVM-725 Integrated Receiver or any other Wireless Power Consortium certified receiver. Together, the bq500211EVM-045 Transmitter and bq51013EVM-725 Receiver enables designers to speed the development of their end-applications.
- Supports Wireless Power Solutions Operating from 5V Input
- Intelligent Control of the Power Transfer between Base Station and Mobile Device
- Conforms to the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) Wireless Power Transfer 1.0.3 Specifications
- Demodulates and Decodes WPC Complaint Message Packets from the Power Receiving Device
- Implements closed-loop Power Transfer PID Control by varying frequency of the Voltage on the Transmitting Coil
- Fod to detect and avoiding of the foreign metal objects in the charging path
- Powering up transmitter from USB port via DPL feature
- Operating Modes Status Indicator
- Powers the bq51013EVM-725 Integrated Receiver or any other WPC certified receiver
Evaluation Modules for Receiver Solutions
The bq51013EVM-725 Wireless Power Receiver evaluation module (EVM) is a high-performance, easy-to-use development tool for the design of wireless power transfer in portable applications. The Receiver EVM provides the AC/DC power conversion while integrating the digital control required to comply with the Qi v1.02 communication protocol. The EVM enables powering or charging from TI’s bq500210EVM-689 Transmitter solution, or any Qi-compliant transmitter in the market. Together, bq51013EVM-725 and the bq500210EVM-689 Transmitter enable designers to speed the development of their end wireless power applications.
- Integrated Wireless Power Receiver Solution with a 5V Regulated Supply
- Dynamic Rectifier Control for Improved Load Transient Response
- Supports 20-V Maximum Input
- Low-power Dissipative Rectifier Overvoltage Clamp (VOVP = 15V)
- Thermal Shutdown
- Single NTC/Control Pin for Optimal Safety and I/O Between Host
- Stand-alone Digital Controller