C5000™ Ultra-Low-Power BoosterPacks
Give your MSP430™ microcontroller a boost with the C5000™ Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack.
The C5535 ultra-low-power digital signal processor-based BoosterPack is a plug-in board for the MSP430™ microcontroller LaunchPad development kit, and is the first solution from TI where the DSP is solely controlled by a microcontroller.
The BoosterPack adds DSP functionality to your microcontroller applications without losing the low power feature. You can easily control the DSP through simple commands using the UART by leveraging the pre-programmed DSP functions.
The BoosterPack is ideal for low-power applications that use record and playback audio functions such as MP3 players, home automation and industrial applications.
Features and benefits
- C553x ultra-low-power DSP, the industry's lowest total power DSPs with total active core power < 0.15 mW/MHz at 1.05V, enables crystal clear audio/voice MP3 encode and decode.
- MSP430™ microcontroller offers five power modes with one of the industry's lowest standby power options of 0.4 μA and <1μs wake-up time for a wide range of low-power applications.
- MSP430 capacitive touch interface allows users to control volume, select song titles and record and playback audio files.
- Integrated LED display, high-speed USB 2.0 and SD/MMC interfaces offer an enhanced user experience.
- Free capacitive touch library enables capacitive touch buttons, sliders, wheels and proximity sensors on all MSP430 microcontrollers, eliminating the need for developers to create complex touch-sensing algorithms.
- Supported by a complete OLED user interface and MP3 record/playback software library, easing development.
How do I get started?
Follow these simple steps to get started now!
|Order your C5000™ Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack for $30 for a limited time.|
|Download your free integrated development environment (IDE) for writing, debugging and compiling your code.|