LED Bulbs and Downlight Solutions
AC/DC LED Drivers for LED Bulbs & Downlights
Texas Instruments is a leader in AC LED replacement lamp and downlighting solutions. TI's LM3445 was the world's first constant-current controller to enable uniform, flicker-free dimming with a conventional TRIAC forward or reverse phase wall dimmer. Since then our portfolio of solutions has expanded to include additional AC/DC LED driver circuit topologies, power levels, and form factors to meet your needs.
LED Driver ICs
New! LED Drivers Efficiently and Simply Drive a Variety of Retrofit Light Bulbs
TPS92075 - Non-isolated, Phase Dimmable, PFC LED Driver with Digital Reference Control for use in E14, GU10, A19 and PAR20/30/38 bulbs
- Small 6-pin TSOT package measures 2.9-mm by 2.9-mm.
- Step-down (buck) or step-up/step-down (buck-boost) operation suitable for 120VAC or 230VAC LED lamps and down lights.
- Power factor correction greater than 0.9 meets regulatory requirements for lighting.
- Flicker-free dimming compatible with TRIAC and trailing-edge dimmers.
TPS92560 - Simple LED Driver for MR16 and AR111 Applications for use in MR16 and AR111 bulbs
- Simple hysteretic input current control scheme requires no complicated loop compensation and enhances compatibility with electronic transformers.
- Integrated active low-side input rectifiers improve efficiency, simplify design and lower bill of materials.
- Step-up (boost) or step-up/step-down (SEPIC) operation enables operation with a variety of LED loads.
|Part Number||Application Voltage Range||Isolation||Dimming||Integrated PFC||Integrated MOSFET||Fixtures|
|TPS92310||120VAC, 230VAC||A-Lamp, R/PAR/BR, Down Light, GU10, T8|
|LM3447||120VAC, 230VAC||A-Lamp, R/PAR/BR, Down Light|
|LM3445||120VAC, 230VAC||A-Lamp, R/PAR/BR, Down Light|
|LM3444||120VAC, 230VAC||A-Lamp, R/PAR/BR, Down Light|
|TPS92075||120VAC, 230VAC||A-Lamp, R/PAR/BR, Down Light, GU10, T8|
|TPS92560||12VAC, 12VDC||MR16, AR111|
|LM3444||12VAC, 12VDC||MR16, AR111|
See more LED Drivers
TRIAC Dimmable LED Drivers
TI's phase-dimmable LED drivers are ideal for any application where an LED driver must interface to a standard TRIAC (or reverse-phase) wall dimmer. TI's TRIAC dimmable LED drivers deliver a wide, uniform dimming range free of flicker, best-in-class dimming performance, and high efficiency—all while maintaining ENERGY STAR® power factor requirements in a typical application.
Conventional TRIAC dimmers are designed to interface to a resistive load (halogen or incandescent bulb), while today's LED driver solutions interfaced to a standard wall dimmer produce 120 Hz flicker of the LED and/or do not allow 100:1 dimming. TI's phase-dimmable LED drivers decodes the TRIAC chopped waveform and translates the signal to dim the LEDs to achieve a full, wide dimming range, without flicker.
- Application voltage range from 80 VAC to 270 VAC
- Angle detector/decoder enables wide range dimming
- Integrated bleeder resistor to ensure proper TRIAC signal decoding
- Low ripple current architectures extend the life of the LEDs
- Scalable output current up to and greater than 1A
- Ideal dimming solution for PAR20, PAR25, PAR30, PAR38, A-Lamp, and downlight LED bulbs
- Options with integrated, vertical 600V MOSFET with superior avalanche energy capability
Easy To Use
TI's phase-dimmable LED drivers enable direct replacement of incandescent or halogen lamp systems that are currently interfaced to a TRIAC dimmer without having to change the original infrastructure or sacrifice performance.
AC/DC LED Driver Design Software
|Tool||WEBENCH LED Architect||WEBENCH LED Designer|
|Input||Enter desired light output||Choose an LED|
|Output||LED driver circuit with heat sink||LED driver circuit|