TI’s unique industry-standard PMBus solution completes your design needs from input protection and control to multiphase power conversion. These PMBus-compatible products are scalable across the entire power chain, thereby accelerating design time to market and ensuring interoperability. This PMBus solution provides real-time telemetry and on-the-fly configurability - which improves system intelligence and increases system utilization.
Key Solution Features:
- Power Management and Protection IC PMBus solution – provides input protection and telemetry giving customers input power health information and configurable protection while the power supply’s communication allows for configuration and monitoring.
- TPS40422 – dual-output synchronous buck controller, can also be configured for a single, two-phase output. Its wide input range can support 5-V and 12-V intermediate buses. Voltage, current limit and sequencing configurable over the PMBus
- Ultra-low-power MCU for mixed signal control – offers 16-bit RISC CPU, 16-bit registers, and constant generators that contribute to maximum code efficiency. The digitally controlled oscillator (DCO) allows wake-up from low-power modes to active mode in less than 1 µs. Memory options to allow for complete PMBus stack implementations
Download datasheets, order samples and tools
- LM25066IA – System Power Management and Protection IC with PMBus
- TPS40422 – Dual Output or Multiphase Synchronous Buck Controller with PMBus
- MSP430G2553 – MSP430G2x53, MSP430G2x13 Mixed Signal Microcontroller
- LM25066EVM - Provides the design engineer with a fully functional intelligent monitoring and protection controller board designed for positive voltage systems
- MSP-EXP430G2 - MSP430 LaunchPad Value Line Development kit
- TPS40422EVM-091 - Dual Output or Multiphase Synchronous Buck Controller Evaluation Module
Literature and Support: