SIMPLE SWITCHER® Controllers
For designs that require higher output current, the SIMPLE SWITCHER controller family provides flexibility and ease-of-use with additional design resources including a MOSFET selector tool using WEBENCH® tools.
The LM315x Series controllers come with a complete package of design tools to assist with every step of the design process, including: fully supported by WEBENCH® tools, external component selection including MOSFET selection, electrical and thermal simulation, and board evaluation.
The LM315x Series also features external component count down to 11 components required for a complete design, and a constant on time (COT) architecture to simplify the design process. This COT architecture eliminates the need for compensation circuitry while still providing a fixed output voltage and frequency.
The SIMPLE SWITCHER controller series features a synchronous architecture that allows for efficiencies up to 93% and is capable of delivering up to 12A of output current, driving up to 1MHz of switching frequency and supporting a wide input voltage range from 6 to 42V.
LM315x Family of Controllers
- Flexible and efficient
- External FET selection allows for power efficiency optimization
- Reduced solution size
- Patent-pending Emulated Ripple Mode allows the use of low-ESR output capacitors for reduced solution side and output voltage ripple
- Lowest controller Bill of Materials solution in the market
- As low as 11 total components
- Exposed pad TSSOP-14 packaging
- Provides enhanced thermal performance
- Load currents: up to 12A
- Input voltages: from 6V to 42V
|Product ID||Max VIn (V)||VOut (V)||Frequency||Offline Design Spreadsheet|
|LM3150||42||Down to 0.6||Adj. to 1MHz||Excel File|