Connect your Bluetooth® Smart product to an Android or iOS device
Endless 'appcessories' with TI's SimpleLink™ SensorTag
The award winning SimpleLink Bluetooth® Smart SensorTag, based on TI's CC2541 Wireless MCU,is designed to shorten the design time for Bluetooth app development from months to hours. With a SensorTag App and no required hardware or software expertise, the kit removes the barriers to entry for smartphone app developers who want to take advantage of the growing number of Bluetooth Smart-enabled smartphones and tablets. The over-the-air download feature provides the ability to update the SensorTag firmware from a central device like a smartphone, tablet or PC. This simplifies the upgrade process and enables customers to develop new innovative features to existing Bluetooth Smart equipment to satisfy consumers' endless needs.
The SensorTag is the first Bluetooth Smart development kit focusing on wireless sensor applications and it is the only development kit targeting smartphone app developers.
TI SensorTag now supports iBeacon technology
The SensorTag now supports iBeacon technology, allowing you to quickly and easily evaluate iBeacon for "indoor GPS" applications. iBeacon can be used to customize apps on a smartphone or tablet, based on location: a functionality that is being used by many retail shops, museums and restaurants to display relevant information to users.
iBeacon technology can be integrated into mobile appcessories, asset trackers, home automation systems, alarm and security systems, point of sale devices, automobiles, industrial applications and a wide variety of consumer electronics and appliances. For more information how to use the Sensortag with iBeacon, watch the video on the right or visit the SensorTag Wiki. The new location app with iBeacon technology is available to download on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. SensorTags can be upgraded to be compatible with the iBeacon technology using the latest SensorTag App
SensorTag Features and Benefits
- NO embedded software design knowledge required
- NO embedded compiler required
- Download Android and iOS sample apps to demonstrate sensor use
- Includes 6 low-power MEMS sensors and Bluetooth Smart radio powered by a single coin cell battery
- For more information and check out SensorTag-enabled apps, visit: www.ti.com/sensortag-wiki
The SensorTag can be used as a reference design and development platform for a variety of smartphone appcessories. So kick-start your Bluetooth app development today!
- Available for both Android and iOS
- Source code available for download
- Build your own SensorTag App in minutes by enabling the SensorTag sensors
- Quick and easy prototyping
57x25x1.5 mm (PCB)
|Quick Start Guide||Download|
Order and support
- Order SensorTag
- Wireless Connectivity Guide
- Jump-start Bluetooth® low energy smartphone app development in minutes with TI's SensorTag kit
- Android support press release
- SensorTag app and broadcaster reference design with iBeacon press release
Endless appcessories for:
- Health and Fitness
- Medical applications
- Educational tools
- Toys and Remote Controls
- Mobile phone accessories