Texas Instruments has been making progress possible for decades. We are a global semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, tests and sells analog and embedded processing chips. Our approximately 80,000 products help over 100,000 customers efficiently manage power, accurately sense and transmit data and provide the core control or processing in their designs, going into markets such as industrial, automotive, personal electronics, communications equipment and enterprise systems. Our passion to create a better world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors is alive today as each generation of innovation builds upon the last to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable – opening new markets and making it possible for semiconductors to go into electronics everywhere. We think of this as Engineering Progress. It’s what we do and have been doing for decades.
- Founded in 1930
- Headquartered in Dallas, Texas
- Publicly traded (Nasdaq: TXN)
- Richard K. Templeton is chairman, president and CEO
- ~ 33,000 employees
- ~ 14,000 in the Americas
- ~ 17,000 in Asia-Pacific
- ~ 2,000 in Europe
- 15 manufacturing sites worldwide, tens of billions of chips produced each year
- ~ 80,000 products for over 100,000 customers
- Industrial and automotive, the markets with the best opportunities for our products, made up 65% of our 2022 revenue.
Revenue in 2022
Revenue by market
Worldwide manufacturing sites
- 15 manufacturing sites worldwide, with 12 wafer fabs, seven assembly and test factories, and multiple bump and probe facilities
Recognition and giving
- Recognized by WayUp as a Top 100 Internship Program
- Recognized by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2022
- Recognized by Barron's as one of the Top 100 Most Sustainable Companies for 2022
- Recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation as one of the Best Places to Work in 2022 for LGBTQ+ Equality
- Recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers for New Grads
- Recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers for Veterans
- More than $400 million in philanthropic giving since 2010, including TI Foundation grants, matching gifts and in-kind donations.