Texas Instruments has been making progress possible for decades. We are a global semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, tests and sells analog and embedded processing chips. Our ~80,000 products help our ~100,000 customers efficiently manage power, accurately sense and transmit data and provide the core control or processing in their designs, going into markets such as industrial, automotive, personal electronics, communications equipment and enterprise systems. Our passion to create a better world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors is alive today as each generation of innovation builds upon the last to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable – opening new markets and making it possible for semiconductors to go into electronics everywhere. We think of this as Engineering Progress. It’s what we do and have been doing for decades.
- Founded in 1930.
- Headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
- Publicly traded (Nasdaq: TXN).
- Richard K. Templeton is chairman, president and CEO.
- ~30,000 employees.
- 12,000 in the Americas
- 16,000 in Asia-Pacific
- 2,000 in Europe
- 14 manufacturing sites worldwide, tens of billions of chips produced each year.
- ~80,000 products for ~100,000 customers.
- Industrial and automotive, the markets with the best opportunities for our products, made up 57% of our 2019 revenue.
Revenue in 2019
Revenue by market
Worldwide manufacturing sites
- 14 manufacturing sites worldwide, with 10 wafer fabs, seven assembly and test factories, and multiple bump and probe facilities
Recognition and giving
- Named a Top 100 Best Corporate Citizen by 3BL Media for 21 consecutive years.
- Recognized by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for our sustainability practices for 13 consecutive years.
- Ranked as a Top Company for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives for 15 consecutive years.
- First semiconductor company to earn verification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- More than $31 million in philanthropic giving in 2019, including TI Foundation grants, matching gifts and in-kind donations.