Browse by category
Discover featured applications
DLP technology enables dynamic content to be displayed anywhere around the vehicle.
Vehicles are now able to communicate with road users in ways that have never before been possible. Small exterior lights designed with DLP® technology can project vehicle information and intent, pedestrian alerts and styling features 360° around the car via full color video and images.
Advantages of DGP with DLP technology:
- Enable multiple functions from a single compact, low-cost module including styling and communication
- Programmable content can adapt over time to enable new use cases
- Efficient optical designs conserve power to enable larger projection areas for immersive experiences
Increase driver situational awareness by labeling real world objects directly in the view of the driver.
Head-up displays project critical driving information directly into the driver’s field of view improving driver reaction times and situational awareness. Vehicle information such as speed, speed limit, navigation cues and advanced safety features such as lane departure and collision warnings can be displayed. AR HUDs support longer projection distances, labeling real world objects for quicker reaction times and easier navigation.
- Superior image quality
- Bright, power-efficient displays
- Superior solar load performance
- Support for polarized sunglasses
- Supports holographic films and waveguides
With up to 1.3 million pixels, DLP technology enables headlights to maximize light on the road and display crisp symbols.
Automobile headlights are now able to project patterns in front of the car which maximize light output while minimizing glare to other drivers. DLP® technology enables headlights with more than one million addressable pixels to maximize light on the road and enable crisp symbols to help communicate with the driver.
Advantages of high resolution highlight with DLP technology include:
- Support adaptive driving beam and symbols projection for driver communication
- Enable sophisticated welcome scenarios, branding and personalization of vehicles
- Maximize light projected on the road while reducing glare
Project cluster information onto to the windscreen, eliminating the need for the driver to take his or her eyes of the road.
Leveraging recent advancements in holography and windscreen film integration techniques, car manufactures now have the option of projecting cluster information directly onto the windscreen via a small DLP projector located in the dash of the vehicle. For large displays, holographic windscreen clusters take up less than 1/10th the space of a traditional head-up display.
- Small packaging volume (< 1 liter projector)
- LED illumination with laser color gamut performance
- Projector placement flexibility
- No windscreen wedge needed to remove the double image
- Bright (>15k cd/m2), full color display
Why Choose TI DLP® Automotive products
Performance leader in resolution, brightness, efficiency, contrast, solar load and color helping automotive designers make their automotive display dreams reality.
DLP technology’s broad ecosystem, intuitive software tools and EVMs help accelerate designs and time-to-market.
DLP products have been shipping in the automotive industry since 2017 and has been fully qualified to meet the stringent operating and reliability requirements of the automotive market.
Automotive products design & development
Investigate the right chipset for your application, quickly prototype your design with an evaluation module, download the latest available software, select an optical module maker, solve your design issues with online engineering support and use a design and development ecosystem third-party to accelerate deployment of your solution to the market.