5.10.12 Data Modification Module (DMM)
A Data Modification Module (DMM) gives the ability to write external data into the device memory.
The DMM has the following features:
- Acts as a bus master, thus enabling direct writes to the 4GB address space without CPU intervention
- Writes to memory locations specified in the received packet (leverages packets defined by trace mode of the RAM trace port [RTP] module)
- Writes received data to consecutive addresses, which are specified by the DMM (leverages packets defined by direct data mode of RTP module)
- Configurable port width (1, 2, 4, 8, 16 pins)
- Up to 65 Mbit/s pin data rate