188.8.131.52 Detailed Design Procedure
The recommended L1 = 22 µH with ISAT ≥ I-CHG(CBC_LIM)MAX, L2 = 10 µH with ISAT ≥ I-BUCK(CBC_LIM)MAX, CBYP = 0.01 µF and low leakage CREF = 10 nF are selected. In order to ensure the fastest recovery of the harvester output voltage to the MPPT level following power extraction, the minimum recommended CIN = 4.7 µF is selected. Because no large system load transients are expected and to ensure fast charge time during cold start, the minimum recommended CSTOR = 4.7 µF.
No MPPT resistors are required because VOC_SAMP can be tied to VSTOR to give 80% MPPT.
- Keeing in mind VBAT_UV < VBAT_OV ≤ 5.5 V, to size the VBAT_OV resistors, first choose RSUMOV = ROV1 + ROV2 = 13 MΩ then solve Equation 2 for
- ROV2 = RSUMOV - ROV1 = 13 MΩ - 5.62 MΩ = 7.38 MΩ → 7.32 MΩ resulting in VBAT_OV = 4.18V due to rounding to the nearest 1% resistor.
- Keeping in mind VBAT_OV ≥ VBAT_OK_HYST > VBAT_OK ≥ VBAT_UV, to size the VBAT_OK and VBAT_OK_HYST resistors, first choose RSUMOK = ROK1 + ROK2 + ROK3 = 13 MΩ then solve Equation 3 and Equation 4 for
- ROK3 = RSUMOK - ROK1 - ROK2 = 13 MΩ - 5.62 MΩ - 5.479 MΩ = 1.904 MΩ → 1.87 MΩ to give VBAT_OK = 2.39 V and VBAT_OK_HYST = 2.80 V.
- For VOUT, first choose ROUT1 + ROUT2 = RSUMOUT = 13 MΩ, then solve Equation 5 for ROUT1 = VBIAS / VOUT x RSUMOUT = 1.21 V / 1.8 V x 13 MΩ = 8.74 MΩ → 8.66 MΩ after rounding to nearest 1% value.
- ROUT2 = RSUM - ROUT1 = 13 MΩ - 8.66 MΩ = 4.34 MΩ → 4.22 MΩ after rounding.
SLUC484 provides help on sizing and selecting the resistors.