The following guidelines are for the RF interface. Follow guidelines specified in the vendor-specific antenna design guides (including placement of the antenna). Also see CC3120 and CC3220 SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® and IoT Solution Layout Guidelines for general antenna guidelines.
- Ensure that the antenna is matched for 50-Ω. TI recommends using a Pi-matching network.
- Ensure that the area underneath the BPF pads is grounded on layer one and layer two, and ensure that the minimum filter requirements are met.
- Verify that the Wi-Fi RF trace is a 50-Ω, impedance-controlled trace with a reference to solid ground.
- The RF trace bends must be made with gradual curves. Avoid using 90-degree bends.
- The RF traces must not have sharp corners.
- Do not place traces or ground under the antenna section.
- The RF traces must have via stitching on the ground plane beside the RF trace on both sides.