6.10.3 Digital I/O
Up to five 8-bit I/O ports are implemented: ports P1 through P5.
- All individual I/O bits are independently programmable.
- Any combination of input, output, and interrupt conditions is possible.
- Programmable pullup or pulldown on all ports.
- Programmable drive strength on all ports.
- Edge-selectable interrupt input capability for all the eight bits of ports P1 and P2.
- Read and write access to port-control registers is supported by all instructions.
- Ports can be accessed byte-wise (P1 through P5) or word-wise in pairs (PA and PB).