10.1.2 PCB Layout Guidelines for Auto-Lock Performance
One of the most important factors in getting good performance from Auto-Lock is to design the PCB with the highest quality signal integrity possible. TI recommends the following:
- Place the ADC chip as close to the VESA/Video connectors as possible.
- Avoid crosstalk to the analog signals by keeping them away from digital signals
- Do not place the digital ground or power planes under the analog area between the VESA connector to the ADC chip.
- Avoid crosstalk onto the RGB analog signals, by separating them from the VESA Hsync and Vsync signals.
- Analog power should not be shared with the digital power directly.
- Try to keep the trace lengths of the RGB as equal as possible.
- Use good quality (1%) termination resistors for the RGB inputs to the ADC
- If the green channel must be connected to more than the ADC green input and ADC sync-on-green input, provide a good quality high impendence buffer to avoid adding noise to the green channel.