The IVA supports resolutions up to 1080 p/i with full performance of 60 fps (or 120 fields), achievable for encode or decode only (not for simultaneous encode and decode).
The IVA subsystem is composed of:
- A primary sequencer, including its memories and an imaging controller: ICONT1
- A video direct memory access (VDMA) processor, which can be used as a secondary sequencer: ICONT2
- A VDMA engine: DMA_IVA
- An entropy codec: ECD3
- A motion compensation engine: MC3
- A transform and quantization calculation engine: CALC3
- A loop filter acceleration engine: ILF3
- A motion estimation acceleration engine: IME3
- An intraprediction estimation engine: IPE3
- Shared level 2 (L2) interface and memory
- Local interconnect (L4_IVA)
- A message interface for communication between SYNCBOXes
- A debug module for trace event and software instrumentation: SMSET
The IVA allows execution of compliant codecs through the software development kit (SDK). Refer to the SDK documentation for details.
For more information, see chapter IVA Subsystem of the device TRM.