The DRV8718-Q1 and DRV8714-Q1 registers
provide variety of feedback information and configuration options. These include specific
fault diagnostics, general device configurations, driver configurations, fault and
diagnostic configurations, and amplifier configurations. Additionally, the advanced register
maps provide advanced driver functions to assist in certain system conditions, but not
required for standard operation of the device.
To assist with software development and
reuse, the DRV8718-Q1 and DRV8714-Q1 register maps share an overlapping register structure
with differences for specific device properties. The primary differences between the two
device register maps are outlined below.
Register Map Differences:
- DRV8714-Q1: VDS_STAT2 (02h) and VGS_STAT2 (04h) are reserved.
- DRV8714-Q1: BRG_CTRL2 (0Ah) and PWM_CTRL2 (0Ch) are repurposed for H-bridge control
- DRV8714-Q1: PWM_CTRL3 [3:0] (0Dh) PWM_CTRL4 [3:0] (0Eh) are reserved.
- DRV8714-Q1: IDRV_CTRL5, 6, 7, and 8 (13h, 14h, 15h, and 16h) are reserved.
- DRV8714-Q1: IDRV_CTRL9 [3:0] (17h) are reserved.
- DRV8714-Q1: DRV_CTRL2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 (19h, 1Ah, 1Bh, 1Ch, and 1Dh) are now
half-bridge specific instead of H-bridge specific (DRV8718-Q1).
- DRV8714-Q1: VDS_CTRL3 (21h) and VDS_CTRL4 (22h) are reserved.
- DRV8714-Q1: OLSC_CTRL2 (24h) is reserved.
Advanced Register Map Differences:
- DRV8714-Q1: All register are now half-bridge specific instead of H-bridge specific
Note: The DRV8718-Q1 56-Pin VQFN (RVJ) and DRV8714-Q1 56-Pin VQFN (RVJ) packages are drop in
pin-to-pin compatible. Please note that the locations of half-bridges 1,2,3 and 4 will be
shifted for the DRV8714-Q1 to help with PCB routing.