220.127.116.11 Packet Generator Programming
The information in this section provides details on how to program the Pattern Generator to provide a specific color bar pattern, based on datatype, frame size, and line size.
Most basic configuration information is determined directly from the expected video frame parameters. The requirements should include the datatype, frame rate (frames per second), number of active lines per frame, number of total lines per frame (active plus blanking), and number of pixels per line.
- PGEN_ACT_LPF – Number of active lines per frame
- PGEN_TOT_LPF – Number of total lines per frame
- PGEN_LSIZE – Video line length size in bytes. Compute based on pixels per line multiplied by pixel size in bytes
- CSI-2 DataType field and VC-ID
- Optional: PGEN_VBP – Vertical back porch. This is the number of lines of vertical blanking following Frame Valid
- Optional: PGEN_VFP – Vertical front porch. This is the number of lines of vertical blanking preceding Frame Valid
- PGEN_LINE_PD – Line period in 10ns units. Compute based on Frame Rate and total lines per frame
- PGEN_BAR_SIZE – Color bar size in bytes. Compute based on datatype and line length in bytes (see details below)