The host interface can be provided through a SPI, UART, or CAN-FD interface. In some cases the serial interface for industrial applications is transcoded to a different serial standard.
The IWR6843 device communicates with the host radar processor over the following main interfaces:
- Reference Clock – Reference clock available for host processor after device wakeup
- Control – 4-port standard SPI (slave) for host control . All radio control commands (and response) flow through this interface.
- Reset – Active-low reset for device wakeup from host
- Host Interrupt - an indication that the mmwave sensor needs host interface
- Error – Used for notifying the host in case the radio controller detects a fault