6.9.1 Digital I/O
Up to three 8-bit I/O ports are implemented. Port PJ contains seven individual I/O pins, common to all devices.
- All individual I/O bits are independently programmable.
- Any combination of input, output, and interrupt conditions is possible.
- Programmable pullup or pulldown on all ports.
- Programmable drive strength on all ports.
- All 8 bits of ports P1 and P2 support edge-selectable interrupt input.
- Read and write access to port-control registers is supported by all instructions.
- Ports can be accessed byte-wise. P1 and P2 can also be accessed word-wise (PA).
- The input and output voltage levels of the pins supplied by DVIO (see Table 4-1) are defined by the voltage supplied by DVIO (up to 5 V).