The flash memory can be programmed through the Spy-Bi-Wire or JTAG port, or in-system by the CPU. The CPU can perform single-byte and single-word writes to the flash memory. Features of the flash memory:
- Flash memory has n segments of main memory and one segment of information memory.
- Segment size is 1KB for both main memory and information memory.
- Segments 0 to n in main memory can be erased in one step, or each segment may be individually erased.
- Information memory segment can be erased separately or as a group with main memory segments 0 to n.
- Information memory segment contains calibration data. After reset, information memory segment is protected against programming and erasing. It can be unlocked but care should be taken not to erase this segment if the device-specific calibration data is required.