188.8.131.52 Power Up and Startup Sequence
The device analog front-end, including the DAC and DSP, are controlled independently of the output power stage. Follow the sequence below to power up the digital front-end and power stage to begin playing audio.
- Apply power to DAC_DVDD, DAC_AVDD, GVDD_x, and PVDD_x. The power supplies do not have a power on sequence and can be powered on in any order.
- Apply I2S or TDM clocks to the device to enable the internal system clocks.
- Mute the left and right DAC channels, by setting Register 0x03, Bits 0 (right) and 4 (left) to '1'.
- Set DSP coefficients and configuration settings through I2C (optional). The DSP will pass-through audio if no registers are changed.
- Bring the DSP out of standby by setting Register 0x02, Bit 7 (DSPR) to '1'.
- Unmute the left and right DAC channels, by setting Register 0x03, Bits 0 (right) and 4 (left) to '0'.
- Enable the amplifier output stage by setting the RESET_AMP pin high.
- Play audio through I2S or TDM.