126.96.36.199 Step One: Schematic and Layout Design
Begin by designing the hardware for the TAS3251. Use the Typical Application Schematic and as a guide for configuring the hardware pins. Follow the component placement and board layout from the TAS3251EVM. The most critical sections of the circuit are the power supply inputs, the amplifier output signals, and the high-frequency clock and data signals. Give precedence to these traces and connections when making design trade-offs.
- First select the operating mode based on the application requirement: BTL, pre-filter PBTL (2-inductors) or post-filter PBTL (4-inductors).
- Design the output stage including the LC filter based on the output configuration selected. Use the TAS3251EVM as reference. The LC Filter Design Guide and LC Filter Designer tool should be used to calculate the cutoff frequency and component values.
- Select the switching frequency by configuring the resistor on pin 18, FREQ_ADJ.
- Select the over-current threshold by configuring the resistor on pin 17, OC_ADJ.
- Apply bypass and decoupling capacitors to power pins according to the and the Typical Application Schematic.