9.1 Typical Applications
The TAS3251 device supports both 2-channel, bridge-tied load (BTL) and mono, parallel bridge-tied load output configurations. This allows flexibility to configure and program the device for a number of different applications:
- 2.0, Stereo Systems - this is a standard stereo configuration. Use either one TAS3251 device in stereo, BTL or two TTAS3251 devices in PBTL.
- 0.1, Mono Speaker - the TAS3251 can be used as a 1-channel amplifier when configured in PBTL.
- Two-Way (1.1) Powered Speaker - the TAS3251 processing and amplifier support two-way or active crossover systems with a tweeter and woofer driven by independent amplifiers. This allows for the removal of passive crossover components in the speaker. This can either be accomplished using one TAS3251 device in BTL or two TAS3251 devices in PBTL.
- Three-Way Powered Speaker - the TAS3251 processing and amplifier support a three-way active speaker with a tweeter, mid-range and woofer each driven by independent amplifiers. This allows the removal of passive crossover components in the speaker. This can be accomplished by using two TAS3251 devices (2x BTL + 1x PBTL) or three TAS3251 devices each configured in PBTL.
- 2.1 Systems - the TAS3251 can be configured to support a 2.1 to support stereo, 2-channels (2x BTL) and a subwoofer (1x PBTL).