When the following conditions are all met, the received frame shall be valid as a Wake Up Frame (WUF):
- The received frame is a Classical CAN data frame when DLC (Data Length Code) matching is not disabled. The frame may also be a remote frame when DLC matching is disabled.
- The ID (as defined in ISO 11898-1:2015, 188.8.131.52) of the received Classical CAN frame is exactly matching a configured ID in the relevant bit positions. The relevant bit positions are given by an ID-mask illustrated in Section 10.4.5.5
- The DLC (as defined in ISO 11898-1:2015, 184.108.40.206) of the received Classical CAN data frame is exactly matching a configured DLC. See the mechanism illustrated in Section 10.4.5.6. Optionally, this DLC matching condition may be disabled by configuration in the implementation.
- When the DLC is greater than 0 and DLC matching is enabled, the data field (as defined in ISO 11898-1:2015, 220.127.116.11) of the received frame has at least one bit set in a bit position which corresponds to a set bit in the configured data mask. See the mechanism illustrated in Section 10.4.5.5.
- A correct cyclic redundancy check (CRC) has been received, including a recessive CRC delimiter, and no error (according to ISO 11898-1:2015, 10.11) is detected prior to the acknowledgment (ACK) Slot.