10.1 Application Information
The key feature sets of the TMCS1100 provide significant advantages in any application where an isolated current measurement is required.
- Galvanic isolation provides a high isolated working voltage and excellent immunity to input voltage transients.
- Hall based measurement simplifies system level solution without the need for a power supply on the high voltage (HV) side.
- An input current path through the low impedance conductor minimizes power dissipation.
- Excellent accuracy and low temperature drift eliminate the need for multipoint calibrations without sacrificing system performance.
- An external reference input maximizes flexibility for unidirectional or bidirectional measurement with custom dynamic ranges, and improves accuracy at the system level.
- A wide operating supply range enables a single device to function across a wide range of voltage levels.
These advantages increase system-level performance while minimizing complexity for any application where precision current measurements must be made on isolated currents. Specific examples and design requirements are detailed in the following section.