22.214.171.124 PLL Controller Divider Register (PLLDIV2, PLLDIV5, PLLDIV8)
The PLL Controller Divider Registers (PLLDIV2, PLLDIV5, and PLLDIV8) are shown in Figure 6-5 and described in Table 6-11. The default values of the RATIO field on a reset for PLLDIV2, PLLDIV5, and PLLDIV8 are different and mentioned in the footnote of Figure 6-5.
Figure 6-5 PLL Controller Divider Register (PLLDIVn)
|Legend: R/W = Read/Write; R = Read only; -n = value after reset
(1) D2EN for PLLDIV2; D5EN for PLLDIV5; D8EN for PLLDIV8
(2) n=02h for PLLDIV2; n=04h for PLLDIV5; n=3Fh for PLLDIV8
Table 6-11 PLL Controller Divider Register (PLLDIVn) Field Descriptions
||Divider Dn enable bit. (see footnote of Figure 6-5)
- 0 = Divider n is disabled.
- 1 = No clock output. Divider n is enabled.
||Reserved. The reserved bit location is always read as 0. A value written to this field has no effect.
||Divider ratio bits. (see footnote of Figure 6-5)
- 0h = ÷1. Divide frequency by 1.
- 1h = ÷2. Divide frequency by 2.
- 2h = ÷3. Divide frequency by 3.
- 3h = ÷4. Divide frequency by 4.
- 4h - 4Fh = ÷5 to ÷80. Divide frequency by 5 to divide frequency by 80.