5.11.4 High-Resolution Pulse Width Modulator (HRPWM)
The HRPWM combines multiple delay lines in a single module and a simplified calibration system by using a dedicated calibration delay line. For each ePWM module, there are two HR outputs:
- HR Duty and Deadband control on Channel A
- HR Duty and Deadband control on Channel B
The HRPWM module offers PWM resolution (time granularity) that is significantly better than what can be achieved using conventionally derived digital PWM methods. The key points for the HRPWM module are:
- Significantly extends the time resolution capabilities of conventionally derived digital PWM
- This capability can be used in both single edge (duty cycle and phase-shift control) as well as dual-edge control for frequency/period modulation.
- Finer time granularity control or edge positioning is controlled through extensions to the Compare A, B, phase, period, and deadband registers of the ePWM module.
The minimum HRPWMCLK frequency allowed for HRPWM is 60 MHz.