The TPS23881 is an eight-channel PSE for Power over Ethernet applications. Each of the eight channels provides detection, classification, protection, and shutdown in compliance with the IEEE 802.3bt standard.
Basic PoE features include the following:
- Performs high-reliability 4-point load detection
- Performs mutual identification classification including PoE 2 type-3/4 (three, four or five -fingers) of up to Class 8 loads
- Recognizes single signature and dual signature PDs
- Enables power with protective fold-back current limiting, and an adjustable PCUT threshold
- Shuts down during faults such as overcurrent or outputs shorts
- Performs a maintain power signature function to ensure power is removed if the load is disconnected
- Undervoltage lockout occurs if VPWR falls below VPUV_F (typical 26.5 V).
Enhanced features include the following:
- Programable SRAM memory
- Dedicated 14-bit integrating current ADCs per port
- Port re-mapping capability
- 8- and 16-bit access mode selectable
- 1- and 3-bit port shutdown priority