Figure 12-1 illustrates an example of a PCB layout for a data acquisition system using the REF34xx. Some key considerations are:
- Connect low-ESR, 0.1-μF ceramic bypass capacitors
at IN, OUT_F, VOUT of the REF34xx and REF34xxT.
- Decouple other active devices in the system per the device specifications.
- Using a solid ground plane helps distribute heat and reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI) noise pickup.
- Place the external components as close to the device as possible. This configuration prevents parasitic errors (such as the Seebeck effect) from occurring.
- Do not run sensitive analog traces in parallel with digital traces. Avoid crossing digital and analog traces if possible, and only make perpendicular crossings when absolutely necessary.