Driving innovation with smarter, safer, smaller motor drive solutions
Browse by category
What makes TI motor drivers different
Smooth & accurate motion
Achieve the quietest and most efficient motion control. Reduce your time to market with advanced tuning technologies, sensorless control and system-level integration.
High power density
Get the most power in the smallest packages across all voltage and current options. Increase your design flexibility with our pin-to-pin multi-channel options.
Boost system robustness with advanced features such as stall and open-load detection and power-off braking. Our quality drivers help detect system faults, and enable functional safety system design.
Introduction to smart gate drive
Smart gate drivers integrate passive components to reduce board size, design complexity and cost. The protection and configurability offered by smart gate drive improves design simplicity and brings a new level of intelligence to motor systems.
- Reduce system cost: Integrate up to 24 external components typically used in standard gate drivers to reduce PCB size.
- Reliable protection: Built-in MOSFET drain-source and gate-source fault detection to prevent false FET turnon caused by coupling.
- Ease of use: Simplify design with integrated automatic dead-time and programmable gate drive current to optimize EMI.
Introduction to smart tuning
Smart tuning supports intuitive motor tuning and control for smooth, precise, quiet and efficient stepper motor commutation. Watch the video to learn more about the benefits and features of smart tuning technology.
- Efficient stepper driving: Automatically adapt current chopping decay modes to reduce power loss and thermal dissipation.
- Quiet and smooth operation: Reduce noise and vibration while ensuring minimal step losses with automatically tuned decay modes.
- Ease of use: Automatically set decay mode ratios to eliminate the need for fine-tuning during stepper motor design.
Featured products for Smart tuning
Introduction to sensorless control
Accelerate BLDC system design with our code-free, sensorless control integrated drivers. Intelligent motor controllers enable easy tuning and deliver differentiated performance for end applications.
- Sensorless field-oriented control: Achieve best-in-class acoustics and efficiency for home appliances.
- Sensorless trapezoidal control: Achieve 3.2-kHz electrical speed and start a motor in less than 50 ms for applications such as fuel pumps, and robotic and cordless vacuums.