Motor driver technologies
Drive innovation with smarter, safer and smaller motor drivers
Our motor drivers help you easily create more compact applications with smoother motion and better protection. Leverage our integrated solutions with advanced on-chip control algorithms and protection, diagnostic and safety features to maximize motor performance.
Smart gate drive offers a level of protection and configurability to improve design simplicity and bring a new level of intelligence to motor systems. View the video below to learn more about the benefits and features of smart gate drive technology.
- Reduce system cost: Integrate up to 24 external components typically used in standard gate drivers to reduce PCB size.
- Reliable protection: Design-in MOSFET drain-source and gate-source fault detection to prevent false FET turn-on due to coupling.
- Ease of use: Simplify design with integrated automatic dead-time and programmable gate drive current to optimize EMI.
Introduction to smart tuning
Smart tuning supports intuitive motor tuning and control for smooth, precise, quiet and efficient stepper motor commutation. View the video below to learn more about the benefits and features of smart tuning technology.
- Efficient stepper driving: Automatically adapt current chopping decay modes to reduce power loss and thermal dissipation.
- Quiet and smooth operation: Reduce noise and vibration while ensuring minimal step losses with automatically tuned decay modes.
- Ease of use: Automatically set decay mode ratios to eliminate the need for fine-tuning during stepper motor design.