|Package | Pins TSSOP (DBT) | 30|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 125|
|Package qty | Carrier 2,000 | LARGE T&R|
Features for the ADS7958
- 1-MHz Sample Rate Serial Devices
- Product Family of 12-, 10-, 8-Bit Resolution
- Zero Latency
- 20-MHz Serial Interface
- Analog Supply Range: 2.7 to 5.25 V
- I/O Supply Range: 1.7 to 5.25 V
- Two SW Selectable Unipolar, Input Ranges: 0 to VREF and 0 to 2 x VREF
- Auto and Manual Modes for Channel Selection
- 4-, 8-Channel Devices and 12-, 16-Channel Devices Share the Same Footprint
- Two Programmable Alarm Levels per Channel
- Four Individually Configurable GPIOs in TSSOP Package: One GPIO in VQFN Package
- Typical Power Dissipation: 14.5 mW (+VA = 5 V, +VBD = 3 V) at 1 MSPS
- Power-Down Current (1 µA)
- Input Bandwidth (47 MHz at 3 dB)
- 38-, 30-Pin TSSOP and 32-, 24-Pin VQFN Packages
Description for the ADS7958
The ADS79xx is a 12-, 10-, 8-bit pin compatible multichannel analog-to-digital converter family. The device comparison table shows all twelve devices from this product family.
The devices include a capacitor based SAR A/D converter with inherent sample and hold.
The devices accept a wide analog supply range from 2.7 V to 5.25 V. Very low power consumption makes these devices suitable for battery-powered and isolated power-supply applications.
A wide 1.7-V to 5.25-V I/O supply range facilitates a glueless interface with the most commonly used digital hosts. The serial interface is controlled by CS and SCLK for easy connection with microprocessors and DSP.
The input signal is sampled with the falling edge of CS. It uses SCLK for conversion, serial data output, and reading serial data in. The devices allow auto sequencing of preselected channels or manual selection of a channel for the next conversion cycle.
There are two software selectable input ranges (0 V to VREF and 0 V to 2 × VREF), individually configurable GPIOs (four in case of the TSSOP and one on the VQFN package devices), and two programmable alarm thresholds per channel. These features make the devices suitable for most data acquisition applications.
The devices offer an attractive power-down feature. This is extremely useful for power saving when the device is operated at lower conversion speeds.
The 16-, 12-channel devices from this family are available in a 38-pin TSSOP and 32 pin VQFN package and the 4/8-channel devices are available in a 30-pin TSSOP and 24 pin VQFN packages.