Features for the AWR1642BOOST
- Onboard antenna enables field testing
- XDS110-based JTAG with serial-port interface for flash programming
- UART-to-USB interface for control, configuration, and data visualization
- TI LaunchPad™ development-kit interface to seamlessly connect to TI MCUs
- CAN connector enables direct interface to car units
Description for the AWR1642BOOST
AWR1642BOOST is an easy-to-use 77GHz mmWave sensor evaluation board for the AWR1642 device, with direct connectivity to the microcontroller unit (MCU) LaunchPad™ development-kit ecosystem.
The BoosterPack™ plug-in module contains everything required to start developing software for on-chip C67x DSP core and low-power Arm® Cortex® R4F controllers, including onboard emulation for programming and debugging, as well as onboard buttons and LEDs for quick integration of a simple-user interface.
This kit is supported by mmWave tools and software, including mmWave Studio (MMWAVE-STUDIO) and the mmWave software development kit (MMWAVE-SDK).
The standard 20-pin BoosterPack headers make the evaluation board compatible with a wide variety of MCU LaunchPad development kits and enable easy prototyping.
Additional boards may be used to enable additional functionality. For example, DCA1000EVM enables access to sensor’s raw data via LVDS interface.
A 5-V, >2.5-A supply brick with a 2.1-mm barrel jack (center positive) is not included. TI recommends purchasing an external power supply that complies with applicable regional safety standards.