|Package | Pins TSSOP (PW) | 16
|Operating temperature range (°C) -20 to 70
|Package qty | Carrier 2,000 | LARGE T&R
Features for the BQ2205LY
- Power Monitoring and Switching for Non-Volatile Control of SRAMs
- Input Decoder Allows Control of 1 or 2 Banks of SRAM
- Write-Protect Control
- 3-V Primary Cell Input
- 3.3-V Operation
- Reset Output for System Power-On Reset
- Less than 20-ns Chip Enable Propagation Delay
- Small 16-Lead TSSOP Package
- NVSRAM Modules
- Point-of-Sale Systems
- Facsimile, Printers and Photocopiers
- Internet Appliances
- Medical Instrumentation and Industrial Products
Description for the BQ2205LY
The CMOS bq2205 SRAM non-volatile controller with reset provides all the necessary functions for converting one or two banks of standard CMOS SRAM into non-volatile read/write memory.
A precision comparator monitors the 3.3-V VCC input for an out-of-tolerance condition. When out-of-tolerance is detected, the two conditioned chip-enable outputs are forced inactive to write-protect both banks of SRAM.
Power for the external SRAMs, VOUT, is switched from the VCC supply to the battery-backup supply as VCC decays. On a subsequent power-up, the VOUT supply is automatically switched from the backup supply to the VCC supply. The external SRAMs are write-protected until a power-valid condition exists. The reset output provides power-fail and power-on resets for the system. During power-valid operation, the input decoder, A, selects one of two banks of SRAM.