|Package | Pins VQFN (RGZ) | 48|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 105|
|Package qty | Carrier 2,500 | LARGE T&R|
Features for the CC1312R
- Powerful 48-MHz Arm Cortex-M4F processor
- EEMBC CoreMark score: 148
- 352KB of in-system programmable flash
- 256KB of ROM for protocols and library functions
- 8KB of cache SRAM (alternatively available as general-purpose RAM)
- 80KB of ultra-low leakage SRAM. The SRAM is protected by parity to ensure high reliability of operation.
- 2-pin cJTAG and JTAG debugging
- Supports over-the-air (OTA) update
- Ultra-low power sensor controller with 4KB of SRAM
- Sample, store, and process sensor data
- Operation independent from system CPU
- Fast wake-up for low-power operation
- TI-RTOS, drivers, bootloader, and IEEE 802.15.4 MAC in ROM for optimized application size
- RoHS-compliant package
- 7-mm × 7-mm RGZ VQFN48 (30 GPIOs)
- Digital peripherals can be routed to any GPIO
- 4× 32-bit or 8× 16-bit general-purpose timers
- 12-bit ADC, 200 kSamples/s, 8 channels
- 2× comparators with internal reference DAC (1× continuous time, 1× ultra-low power)
- Programmable current source
- 2× UART
- 2× SSI (SPI, MICROWIRE, TI)
- Real-time clock (RTC)
- AES 128- and 256-bit cryptographic accelerator
- ECC and RSA public key hardware accelerator
- SHA2 accelerator (full suite up to SHA-512)
- True random number generator (TRNG)
- Capacitive sensing, up to 8 channels
- Integrated temperature and battery monitor
- External system
- On-chip buck DC/DC converter
- TCXO support
- Low power
- Wide supply voltage range: 1.8 V to 3.8 V
- Active mode RX: 5.8 mA (3.6 V, 868 MHz)
- Active mode TX at +14 dBm: 24.9 mA (868 MHz)
- Active mode MCU 48 MHz (CoreMark): 2.9 mA (60 µA/MHz)
- Sensor controller, low power-mode, 2 MHz, running infinite loop: 30.1 µA
- Sensor controller, active mode, 24 MHz, running infinite loop: 808 µA
- Standby: 0.85 µA (RTC on, 80KB RAM and CPU retention)
- Shutdown: 150 nA (wakeup on external events)
- Radio section
- Flexible high-performance sub-1 GHz RF transceiver
- Excellent receiver sensitivity: -121 dBm for SimpleLink long-range mode -110 dBm at 50 kbps
- Output power up to +14 dBm with temperature compensation
- Suitable for systems targeting compliance with worldwide radio frequency regulations
- ETSI EN 300 220 Receiver Category 1.5 and 2, EN 303 131, EN 303 204 (Europe)
- FCC CFR47 Part 15
- ARIB STD-T108
- Wide standard support
- IEEE 802.15.4g, IPv6-enabled smart objects (6LoWPAN), MIOTY, Wireless M-Bus, Wi-SUN, KNX RF, Amazon Sidewalk, proprietary systems, SimpleLink™ TI 15.4 stack (Sub-1 GHz), and dynamic multiprotocol manager (DMM) driver.
- Development Tools and Software
- CC1312R LaunchPad™ Development Kit
- SimpleLink™ CC13x2 and CC26x2 Software Development Kit (SDK)
- SmartRF™ Studio for simple radio configuration
- Sensor Controller Studio for building low-power sensing applications
Description for the CC1312R
The SimpleLink™CC1312R device is a multiprotocol Sub-1 GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) supporting IEEE 802.15.4g, IPv6-enabled smart objects (6LoWPAN), MIOTY, Wi-SUN, proprietary systems, including the TI 15.4-Stack (Sub-1 GHz). The device is optimized for low-power wireless communication and advanced sensing in building security systems, HVAC, smart meters, medical, wired networking, portable electronics, home theater & entertainment, and connected peripherals markets. The highlighted features of this device include:
- Flexible Sub-1 GHz radio supporting industry standard frequency bands (315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz, 900 MHz, and more) to meet the industrial needs.
- Wide flexibility of protocol stack support in the SimpleLink™ CC13x2 and CC26x2 Software Development Kit (SDK) including complete SimpleLink™ 15.4-Stack (Sub-1 GHz) solution.
- Maximum transmit power of +14 dBm at Sub-1 GHz with 24.9 mA current consumption.
- Longer battery life wireless applications with low standby current of 0.85 µA and full RAM retention.
- Industrial temperature ready with lowest standby current of 11 µA at 105°C.
- Advanced sensing with a programmable, autonomous ultra-low power Sensor Controller CPU with fast wake-up capability. As an example, the sensor controller is capable of 1-Hz ADC sampling at 1 µA system current.
- Low SER (Soft Error Rate) FIT (Failure-in-time) for long operation lifetime with no disruption for industrial markets with always-on SRAM parity against corruption due to potential radiation events.
- Dedicated software controlled radio controller (Arm® Cortex®-M0) providing flexible low-power RF transceiver capability to support multiple physical layers and RF standards.
- Excellent radio sensitivity (-121 dBm) and robustness (selectivity and blocking) performance for SimpleLink™ long-range mode.
The CC1312R device is part of the SimpleLink™ MCU platform, which consists ofWi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread, Zigbee, Sub-1 GHz MCUs, and host MCUs that all share a common, easy-to-use development environment with a single core software development kit (SDK) and rich tool set. A one-time integration of the SimpleLink™ platform enables you to add any combination of the portfolio’s devices into your design, allowing 100 percent code reuse when your design requirements change. For more information, visit SimpleLink™ MCU platform.