The dual-band wireless MCU CC3235x device comes in two variants, CC3235S and C3235SF.
- The CC3235S includes 256KB of RAM, IoT networking security, device identity/keys, as well as, MCU level security features such as file system encryption, user IP (MCU image) encryption, secure boot and debug security.
- The CC3235SF builds on the CC3235S and integrates a user-dedicated 1MB of executable flash in addition to the 256KB of RAM.
Simplify your IoT design with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ wireless microcontroller (MCU). The SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3235x device family is a dual-band system-on-chip (SoC) solution that integrates two processors within a single chip, including:
- Application processor: Arm® Cortex®-M4 MCU with a user-dedicated 256KB of RAM and an optional 1MB of executable flash
- Network processor to run all Wi-Fi and internet logical layers. This ROM-based subsystem completely offloads the host MCU and includes an 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio, baseband, and MAC with a powerful hardware cryptography engine
These devices introduce new capabilities that further simplify the connectivity of things to the Internet. The main new features include:
- 802.11a (5 GHz) support
- BLE/2.4 GHz radio coexistence
- Antenna selection
- Enhanced security with FIPS 140-2 Level 1 certification and more (1)
- Up to 16 concurrent secure sockets
- Certificate sign request (CSR)
- Online certificate status protocol (OCSP)
- Wi-Fi® Alliance certified IoT power-saving features (such as DMS, proxy ARP, and so forth)
- Hostless mode for offloading template packet transmissions
- Improved fast scan
The CC3235x device family is part of the SimpleLink™ MCU platform—a common, easy-to-use development environment based on a single-core software development kit (SDK) with a rich tool set and reference designs. The E2E™ community supports Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth low energy, Sub-1 GHz, and host MCUs. For more information, visit www.ti.com/simplelink or www.ti.com/simplelinkwifi.
(1)For exact status of FIPS certification for a specific part number, please refer to https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips.