|Package | Pins TO-252 (NDP) | 3|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 125|
|Package qty | Carrier 2,500 | LARGE T&R|
Features for the LM1117
- For a newer drop-in alternative, see the TLV1117
- Available in 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5 V, and Adjustable Versions
- Space-saving SOT-223 and WSON packages
- Current limiting and thermal protection
- Output current: 800 mA
- Line regulation: 0.2% (maximum)
- Load regulation: 0.4% (maximum)
- LM1117: 0°C to 125°C
- LM1117I: −40°C to 125°C
Description for the LM1117
The LM1117 is a low dropout voltage regulator with a dropout of 1.2 V at 800 mA of load current.
The LM1117 is available in an adjustable version, which can set the output voltage from 1.25 to 13.8 V with only two external resistors. In addition, it is available in five fixed voltages, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, and 5 V.
The LM1117 offers current limiting and thermal shutdown. Its circuit includes a Zener trimmed bandgap reference to assure output voltage accuracy to within ±1%.
A minimum of 10-µF tantalum capacitor is required at the output to improve the transient response and stability.