|Package | Pins VSSOP (DGK) | 8|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -55 to 150|
|Package qty | Carrier 1,000 | SMALL T&R|
Features for the LM70
- 0.25°C Temperature Resolution.
- Shutdown Mode Conserves Power Between Temperature Reading
- SPI and MICROWIRE Bus Interface
- VSSOP-8 and WSON-8 Packages Save Space
- UL Recognized Component
- Supply Voltage 2.65V to 5.5V
- Operating260 μA (typ)490 μA (max)
- Shutdown12 μA (typ)
- −40°C to 85°C, ±2°C(max)
- −10°C to 65°C, +1.5/−2°C(max)
- −55°C to 125°C, +3/−2°C(max)
- −55°C to 150°C, +3.5/−2°C(max)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Description for the LM70
The LM70 is a temperature sensor, Delta-Sigma analog-to-digital converter with an SPI and MICROWIRE compatible interface available in WSON and VSSOP 8-pin packages. The host can query the LM70 at any time to read temperature. A shutdown mode decreases power consumption to less than 10 µA. This mode is useful in systems where low average power consumption is critical.
The LM70 has 10-bit plus sign temperature resolution (0.25°C per LSB) while operating over a temperature range of −55°C to +150°C.
The LM70's 2.65V to 5.5V supply voltage range, low supply current and simple SPI interface make it ideal for a wide range of applications. These include thermal management and protection applications in hard disk drives, printers, electronic test equipment, and office electronics.