|Package | Pins TO-263 (KTT) | 5|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 125|
|Package qty | Carrier 45 | TUBE|
Features for the LP3855
- Input Supply Voltage: 2.5 V to 7 V
- Ultra-Low Dropout Voltage
- Stable with Selected Ceramic Capacitors
- Low Ground-Pin Current
- Load Regulation of 0.06%
- 10-nA Quiescent Current in Shutdown Mode
- Specified Output Current of 1.5 A DC
- Output Voltage Accuracy ± 1.5%
- ERROR Pin Indicates Output Status
- SENSE Option Improves Load Regulation
- Overtemperature/Overcurrent Protection
- −40°C to 125°C Junction Temperature Range
Description for the LP3855
The LP3852 and LP3855 series of fast ultra-low dropout linear regulators operate from a 2.5-V to 7-V input supply. A wide range of preset output voltage options are available. These ultra-low dropout linear regulators respond very quickly to step changes in load, which makes them suitable for low voltage microprocessor applications. The LP3852 and LP3855 are developed on a CMOS process which allows low quiescent-current operation independent of output load current, typically 4 mA at 1.5-A load current. This CMOS process also allows the LP3852 and LP3855 to operate under extremely low dropout conditions, typically 24 mV at 150-mA load current and 240 mV at 1.5-A load current.
The LP3852 has an ERROR pin; it goes low when the output voltage drops 10% below nominal value. The LP3855 has a SENSE pin to improves regulation at remote loads.
The LP3852 and LP3855 are available with fixed output voltages from 1.8 V to 5 V with a specified accuracy of ±1.5% at room temperature, and ±3% over all conditions (varying line, load, and temperature). Contact Texas Instruments Sales for specific voltage option needs.