|Package | Pins DSBGA (YFF) | 40|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 85|
|Package qty | Carrier 3,000 | LARGE T&R|
Features for the MSP430F5132
3.6 V Down to 1.8 V
- Ultra-Low Power
- Active Mode (AM): 180 µA/MHz
- Standby Mode (LPM3 WDT Mode, 3 V): 1.1 µA
- Off Mode (LPM4 RAM Retention, 3 V): 0.9 µA
- Shutdown Mode (LPM4.5, 3 V): 0.25 µA
- Wake up From Standby Mode in Less Than 5 µs
- 16-Bit RISC Architecture, Extended Memory, 40-ns Instruction Cycle Time
- Flexible Power-Management System
- Fully Integrated LDO With Programmable Regulated Core Supply Voltage
- Supply Voltage Supervision, Monitoring, and Brownout
- Unified Clock
- FLL Control Loop for Frequency Stabilization
- Low-Power Low-Frequency Internal Clock Source (VLO)
- Low-Frequency Trimmed Internal Reference Source (REFO)
- 32-kHz Crystals (XT1)
- High-Frequency Crystals up to 25 MHz (XT1)
- Hardware Multiplier Supports 32-Bit Operations
- 3-Channel DMA
- Up to Twelve 5-V-Tolerant Digital Push/Pull I/Os With up to 20-mA Drive Strength(1)
- 16-Bit Timer TD0 With Three Capture/Compare Registers and Support of High-Resolution Mode
- 16-Bit Timer TD1 With Three Capture/Compare Registers and Support of High-Resolution Mode
- 16-Bit Timer TA0 With Three Capture/Compare Registers
- Universal Serial Communication Interfaces (USCIs)
- Enhanced UART Supports Automatic Baud-Rate Detection
- IrDA Encoder and Decoder
- Synchronous SPI
- Synchronous SPI
- USCI_A0 Supports:
- 10-Bit 200-ksps
Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
- Internal Reference
- Autoscan Feature
- Up to 8 External Channels and 2 Internal Channels, Including Temperature Sensor(1)
- Up to 16-Channel On-Chip Comparator Including an Ultra-Low-Power Mode(1)
- Serial Onboard Programming, No External Programming Voltage Needed
- Device Comparison Summarizes the Available Family Members
- Available in 40-Pin QFN (RSB), 38-Pin TSSOP (DA), and 40-Pin Die-Sized BGA (YFF) Packages
(1)Full functionality in the 40-pin QFN package options. For the available features of other packages, see Signal Descriptions.
Description for the MSP430F5132
The TI MSP family of ultra-low-power microcontrollers consists of several devices featuring different sets of peripherals targeted for various applications. The architecture, combined with five low-power modes, is optimized to achieve extended battery life in portable measurement applications. The device features a powerful 16-bit RISC CPU, 16-bit registers, and constant generators that contribute to maximum code efficiency. The digitally controlled oscillator (DCO) allows the devices to wake up from low-power modes to active mode in less than 5 µs.
The MSP430F51x2 microcontrollers include two 16-bit high-resolution timers, two USCIs (USCI_A0 and USCI_B0), a 32-bit hardware multiplier, a high-performance 10-bit ADC, an on-chip comparator, a 3-channel DMA, 5-V tolerant I/Os, and up to 29 I/O pins.
The MSP430F51x1 microcontrollers include two 16-bit high-resolution timers, two USCIs (USCI_A0 and USCI_B0), a 32-bit hardware multiplier, an on-chip comparator, a 3-channel DMA, 5-V tolerant I/Os, and up to 29 I/O pins.
Typical applications for these devices include analog and digital sensor systems, LED lighting, digital power supplies, motor controls, remote controls, thermostats, digital timers, and hand-held meters.
For complete module descriptions, see the MSP430F5xx and MSP430F6xx Family Users Guide.