Features for the SK-AM64
- Software: TI Processor SDK Linux/ RT Linux kernel, Yocto filesystem, out-of-box demos including Wi-Fi®
- Processing: AM64x with 2x Arm Cortex-A53, 4x Arm Cortex-R5, 2x TI PRU_ICSSG
- Dual-band Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®/Bluetooth Low Energy 5.1 via WiLink™ 8 WL1837MOD module; 2x RJ-45 Ethernet 1000/100 Mbps
- Connectivity: 1x Type A USB 3.1 gen1 (SuperSpeed), on-board XDS110 JTAG Emulator and 3x UARTs via micro-USB
- Expansion and prototyping: 40-pin Raspberry Pi (RPI4) HATs, PRU-ICSSG Real-Time I/O, and TI-MCU headers
- Storage: 2GB LPDDR4; Bootable interfaces on SK: removable uSD, USB, 16 MB OSPI, Ethernet, UART
Description for the SK-AM64
The AM64x starter kit is a stand-alone test and development platform that is ideal for accelerating the prototype phase of your next design. The kit includes: wired and wireless connectivity, three expansion headers, multiple boot options and flexible debug capabilities.
The starter kit is equipped with AM64x processor from TI and an optimized feature-set to allow the user to create commercial and industrial solutions using Ethernet-based, USB, and serial wired interfaces plus 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz wireless communications. Two 1-Gbps Ethernet Ports for wired connectivity are on-board, in addition to three expansion headers to expand the board’s functionality. Using standard serial protocols such as UART, I²C, and SPI, the starter kit can interface with a multitude of other devices, acting as a communications gateway. This starter kit enables evaluation by running Linux on the A53 cores, making it the central engine in a remote industrial communication network and suitable as a programmable logic controller or motion controller. The additional embedded emulation logic allows for emulation and debugging using standard development tools such as Code Composer Studio™ from TI.
To evaluate the full capability of A53 cores and R5F cores together, please see TMDS64GPEVM.
For development on only the R5F cores, please see the LP-AM243.