|Package | Pins SOIC (D) | 8|
|Operating temperature range (°C) 0 to 70|
|Package qty | Carrier 75 | TUBE|
Features for the SN75LBC176
- Bidirectional Transceiver
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of ANSI Standard TIA/EIA.485.A and
- High-Speed Low-Power LinBiCMOS™ Circuitry
- Designed for High-Speed Operation in Both Serial and Parallel Applications
- Low Skew
- Designed for Multipoint Transmission on Long Bus Lines in Noisy Environments
- Very Low Disabled Supply Current . . . 200 µA Maximum
- Wide Positive and Negative Input/Output Bus Voltage Ranges
- Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- Driver Positive-and Negative-Current Limiting
- Open-Circuit Failsafe Receiver Design
- Receiver Input Sensitivity . . . ±200 mV Max
- Receiver Input Hysteresis . . . 50 mV Typ
- Operates From a Single 5-V Supply
- Glitch-Free Power-Up and Power-Down Protection
- Available in Q-Temp Automotive HighRel Automotive ApplicationsConfiguration
Control / Print Support Qualification to Automotive Standards
LinBiCMOS and LinASIC are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Description for the SN75LBC176
The SN55LBC176, SN65LBC176, SN65LBC176Q, and SN75LBC176 differential bus transceivers are monolithic, integrated circuits designed for bidirectional data communication on multipoint bus-transmission lines. They are designed for balanced transmission lines and meet ANSI Standard TIA/EIA-485-A (RS-485) and ISO 8482:1987(E).
The SN55LBC176, SN65LBC176, SN65LBC176Q, and SN75LBC176 combine a 3-state, differential line driver and a differential input line receiver, both of which operate from a single 5-V power supply. The driver and receiver have active-high and active-low enables, respectively, which can externally connect together to function as a direction control. The driver differential outputs and the receiver differential inputs connect internally to form a differential input/output (I/O) bus port that is designed to offer minimum loading to the bus whenever the driver is disabled or VCC = 0. This port features wide positive and negative common-mode voltage ranges, making the device suitable for party-line applications. Very low device supply current can be achieved by disabling the driver and the receiver.
These transceivers are suitable for ANSI Standard TIA/EIA-485 (RS-485) and ISO 8482 applications to the extent that they are specified in the operating conditions and characteristics section of this data sheet. Certain limits contained in TIA/EIA-485-A and ISO 8482:1987 (E) are not met or cannot be tested over the entire military temperature range.
The SN55LBC176 is characterized for operation from 55°C to 125°C. The SN65LBC176 is characterized for operation from 40°C to 85°C, and the SN65LBC176Q is characterized for operation from 40°C to 125°C. The SN75LBC176 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.