|Package | Pins VSON (DRB) | 8|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 125|
|Package qty | Carrier 250 | SMALL T&R|
Features for the TPS3851
- Input voltage range: VDD = 1.6 V to 6.5 V
- 0.8% Voltage threshold accuracy
- Low quiescent current: IDD = 10 µA (typical)
- User-programmable watchdog timeout
- Open-drain outputs
- Precision undervoltage monitoring:
- Supports common rails from 1.8 V to 5.0 V
- 4% and 7% Undervoltage thresholds available
- 0.5% Hysteresis
- Watchdog disable feature
- Factory-programmed precision watchdog and reset timers
- Manual reset input (MR)
- Available in a small 3-mm × 3-mm, 8-Pin VSON package
- Junction operating temperature range: –40°C to +125°C
Description for the TPS3851
The TPS3851 combines a precision voltage supervisor with a programmable watchdog timer. The TPS3851 comparator achieves a 0.8% accuracy (–40°C to +125°C) for the undervoltage (VITN) threshold on the VDD pin. The TPS3851 also includes accurate hysteresis on the undervoltage threshold making the device ideal for use with tight tolerance systems. The supervisor RESET delay features a 15% accuracy, high-precision delay timing.
The TPS3851 includes a programmable watchdog timer for a wide variety of applications. The dedicated watchdog output (WDO) enables increased resolution to help determine the nature of fault conditions. The watchdog timeouts can be programmed either by an external capacitor, or by factory-programmed default delay settings. The watchdog can be disabled via logic pins to avoid undesired watchdog timeouts during the development process.
TPS3851 is available in a small 3.00-mm × 3.00-mm, 8-pin VSON package.