|Package | Pins LSON-CLIP (DQP) | 22|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 125|
|Package qty | Carrier 2,500 | LARGE T&R|
Features for the TPS53318
- Conversion input voltage range: 1.5 V to 22 V
- VDD input voltage range: 4.5 V to 25 V
- 91% efficiency from 12 V to 1.5 V at 14 A
- Output voltage range: 0.6 V to 5.5 V
- 5-V LDO output
- Supports single-rail input
- Integrated power MOSFETs with 8 A (TPS53318) or 14 A (TPS53319) of continuous output current
- Auto-skip Eco-mode™ for light-load efficiency
- < 110 µA shut down current
- D-CAP™ mode with fast transient response
- Selectable switching frequency from 250 kHz to 1 MHz with external resistor
- Selectable auto-skip or PWM-only operation
- Built-in 1% 0.6-V reference
- 0.7-ms, 1.4-ms, 2.8-ms and 5.6-ms selectable internal voltage servo soft-start
- Integrated boost switch
- Pre-charged start-up capability
- Adjustable overcurrent limit with thermal compensation
- Overvoltage, undervoltage, UVLO and over-temperature protection
- Supports all ceramic output capacitors
- Open-drain power good indication
- Incorporates NexFET™ power block technology
- 22-pin QFN (DQP) package with PowerPAD™
Description for the TPS53318
The TPS53318 and TPS53319 devices are D-CAP mode, 8-A or 14-A synchronous switchers with integrated MOSFETs. They are designed for ease of use, low external component count, and space-conscious power systems.
These devices feature accurate 1%, 0.6-V reference, and integrated boost switch. A sample of competitive features include: 1.5-V to 22-V wide conversion input voltage range, very low external component count, D-CAP™ mode control for super fast transient, auto-skip mode operation, internal soft-start control, selectable frequency, and no need for compensation.
The conversion input voltage ranges from 1.5 V to 22 V, the supply voltage range is from 4.5 V to 25 V, and the output voltage range is from 0.6 V to 5.5 V.
These devices are available in 5 mm x 6 mm, 22-pin QFN package and is specified from –40°C to 85°C.