|Package | Pins VSON (DRC) | 10|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 85|
|Package qty | Carrier 3,000 | LARGE T&R|
Features for the TPS62402
- High Efficiency—Up to 95%
- VIN Range From 2.5 V to 6 V
- 2.25-MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Output Current of 400 mA and 600 mA
- Adjustable Output Voltage From 0.6V to VIN
- Pin-Selectable Output Voltage Supports Simple
Dynamic Voltage Scaling
- EasyScale Optional One-Pin Serial Interface
- Power Save Mode at Light Load Currents
- 180° Out-of-Phase Operation
- Output Voltage Accuracy in PWM Mode ±1%
- Typical 32-µA Quiescent Current for Both
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Available in a 10-Pin VSON (3 mm × 3 mm)
- Cell Phones, Smart Phones
- PDAs, Pocket PCs
- OMAP and Low-Power DSP Supply
- Portable Media Players
- Digital Radios
- Digital Cameras
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Description for the TPS62402
The TPS6240x family of devices are synchronous dual step-down DC-DC converters optimized for battery-powered portable applications. The devices provide two independent output voltage rails powered by 1-cell Li-Ion or 3-cell NiMH/NiCD batteries. The devices are also suitable to operate from a standard 3.3-V or 5-V voltage rail.
With an input voltage range from 2.5 V to 6 V, the TPS62400 is ideal to power portable applications like smart phones, PDAs, and other portable equipment.
With the EasyScale serial interface the output voltages can be modified during operation. The fixed output voltage versions TPS62401, TPS62402, TPS62403, and TPS62404 support one-pin controlled simple Dynamic Voltage Scaling for low-power processors.
The TPS6240x operates at a 2.25-MHz fixed switching frequency and enters the power save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. For low noise applications the devices can be forced into fixed frequency PWM mode by pulling the MODE/DATA pin high. In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to 1.2 µA, typical. The devices allow the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size.
The TPS62400 is available in a 10-pin leadless package (3-mm × 3-mm VSON)