|Package | Pins SOIC (D) | 7|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 125|
|Package qty | Carrier 75 | TUBE|
Features for the UCC28710
- < 10-mW No-Load Power
- Primary-Side Regulation (PSR) Eliminates Opto-Coupler
- ±5% Voltage and Current Regulation Across Line and Load
- 700-V Start-Up Switch
- 100-kHz Maximum Switching Frequency Enables High-Power Density Charger Designs
- Resonant Valley-Switching Operation for Highest Overall Efficiency
- Frequency Jitter to Ease EMI Compliance
- Wide VDD Range Allows Small Bias Capacitor
- Clamped Gate-Drive Output for MOSFET
- Overvoltage, Low-Line, and Overcurrent Protection Functions
- Programmable Cable Compensation (UCC28710)
- NTC Resistor Interface (UCC28711, UCC28712 and UCC28713) with Fixed Cable Compensation Options
- SOIC-7 Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the UCC28710 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
Description for the UCC28710
The UCC2871x family of flyback power supply controllers provides isolated-output Constant-Voltage (CV) and Constant-Current (CC) output regulation without the use of an optical coupler. The devices process information from the primary power switch and an auxiliary flyback winding for precise control of output voltage and current.
An internal 700-V start-up switch, dynamically-controlled operating states and a tailored modulation profile support ultra-low standby power without sacrificing start-up time or output transient response.
Control algorithms in the UCC28710 family allow operating efficiencies to meet or exceed applicable standards. The output drive interfaces to a MOSFET power switch. Discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) with valley switching reduces switching losses. Modulation of switching frequency and primary current peak amplitude (FM and AM) keeps the conversion efficiency high across the entire load and line ranges.
The controllers have a maximum switching frequency of 100 kHz and always maintain control of the peak-primary current in the transformer. Protection features help keep primary and secondary component stresses in check. The UCC28710 allow the cable compensation to be programmed. The UCC28711, UCC28712 and UCC28713 devices allow remote temperature sensing using a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) resistor while providing fixed cable-compensation levels.