Features for the UCC28780EVM-002
- 45-W, 20-V AC-to-DC converter using active-clamp flyback controller, GaN MOSFET Power IC, and synchronous rectification
- High Efficiency (> 94%), High Power Density (> 20W/in3), Low Standby Power (55mW), and High Switching Frequency (300kHz)
- Exceeds EU Code of Conduct and US Department of Energy efficiency requirements
- Adaptive Burst Mode feature maintains high efficiency even at light loads
- This evaluation module is tested and orderable and includes a User's Guide
Description for the UCC28780EVM-002
The UCC28780EVM-002 demonstrates high-efficiency and high-density for a 45-W off-line adapter using the UCC28780 active-clamp flyback controller at high frequency nominal 300 kHz using GaN MOSFET Power ICs, NV6115 and NV6117. The EVM also uses the UCC24612 synchronous rectifier controller on the secondary side. The output is regulated to 20 Vdc over an input voltage range of 90 Vac to 264 Vac. The UCC28780 controller operates in several adaptive modes to minimize power loss over the full line and load ranges.