|Package | Pins SOIC (D) | 8|
|Operating temperature range (°C) -40 to 85|
|Package qty | Carrier 75 | TUBE|
Features for the XTR116
- LOW QUIESCENT CURRENT: 200µA
- 5V REGULATOR FOR EXTERNAL CIRCUITS
- V REF FOR SENSOR EXCITATION:
- LOW SPAN ERROR: 0.05%
- LOW NONLINEARITY ERROR: 0.003%
- WIDE LOOP SUPPLY RANGE: 7.5V to 36V
- SO-8 PACKAGE
- 2-WIRE, 4-20mA CURRENT LOOP TRANSMITTER
- SMART TRANSMITTER
- INDUSTRIAL PROCESS CONTROL
- TEST SYSTEMS
- COMPATIBLE WITH HART MODEM
- CURRENT AMPLIFIER
- VOLTAGE-TO-CURRENT AMPLIFIER
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Description for the XTR116
The XTR115 and XTR116 are precision current output converters designed to transmit analog 4-to-20mA signals over an industry standard current loop. They provide accurate current scaling and output current limit functions.
The on-chip voltage regulator (5V) can be used to power external circuitry. A precision on-chip VREF (2.5V for XTR115 and 4.096V for XTR116) can be used for offsetting or to excite transducers. A current return pin (IRET) senses any current used in external circuitry to assure an accurate control of the output current.
The XTR115 is a fundamental building block of smart sensors using 4-to-20mA current transmission.
The XTR115 and XTR116 are specified for operation over the extended industrial temperature range, -40°C to +85°C.