The digital cockpit processing unit (DCPU) is the heart of the integrated cockpit infotainment system. The unit integrates functions of the traditional head unit, cluster and head-up display (HUD) into a single controller. The DCPU generates video graphics to the remote cluster display, HUD, center stack display and multiple auxiliary displays, while processing inputs from cameras (rear and side), the surround-view system (SVS), HMI, radio tuners and in-vehicle connectivity. Our integrated circuits, reference designs and products enable you efficiently design DPCU systems and decrease development time.
Digital cockpit processing unit designs require:
- Support for multiple high-bandwidth video and data links.
- Efficient power management of high-performance SoC.
- High-speed signal design in a mixed-signal environment.
- Integration and reduced design complexity to achieve high functionality in small spaces.
- Balance meeting EMI requirements with performance.